Monday, May 24, 2010

Well hello, Monday.

Where'd you come from?

I went shopping at Fresh and Easy today and only spent a total of $32 on everything I need for this weeks meals - I also received a free canvas grocery bag for signing up for the F&E newsletter.

Weekly Meal Plan
Mexican Mac N Cheese
Turkey Burgers - using the ingredients from last week
Four-Cheese Pasta Florentine (vegetarian)
Chicken Marsala
Small group - I'm making Brie and Cranberry purses

Last week, I made two recipes shared by Ashley in her blog Cupcakes & Combat Boots. The first, Giada De Laurentiis' Parmesean-crusted pork chops which were mouth-watering delicious.

The second, Turkey Burgers! They were such a hit that we are having them again this week. Plus I still have all the ingredients for them which is a super bonus!
Here they are along with bacon-wrapped asparagus (I usually use prosciutto but didn't have any on hand) and fries.
Thank you Ashley for your wonderful blog and inspiring me to try new things in the kitchen :)

7 comments:

  1. Those recipes look so good! What kind of buns are those for the turkey burgers... they look gourmet and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are Crustini sandwich rolls. I got them on sale for $2 at Wal-Mart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out!! I'm glad you liked both of them. I actually think I like Turkey Burgers better than regular burgers. Your bacon-wrapped asparagus looks to-die-for!

    Also, I'm so amazed that you can only spend $32 on a week's worth of food...and you have one more family member than we do! You're superwoman!!

    Finally, I think you need to share the recipe for the cranberry & brie purses...those sound divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley - the asparagus is super easy. Just blanch them for about a minute then cool in ice water. Pat them dry and coat with EVOO and salt and pepper. Then wrap them with bacon/prosciutto and grill until bacon is cooked - about 10 minutes turning once.

    For the cran/brie purses:
    Ingredients
    1 1/2 cups cranberry sauce (use homemade or store-bought cranberry sauce)
    Dried cranberries
    1 puff pastry sheet
    1 brie triangle or round, chilled
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

    Thaw puffy pastry sheet flat. Cut puff pastry sheet into approximately 3-inch squares and place them into mini muffin tins, pressing them into the shape of the muffin hole. Place a 1-inch slice of brie in the center of each puff pastry and then top it with approximately 1 tablespoon of cranberry sauce and one dried cranberry.

    Bake 10 minutes or until puff pastry corners are toasted light brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention to twist the top of the pastry to create the purse.

    ReplyDelete