Thursday, May 20, 2010

Vacation In A Glass

I've been waiting all week to enjoy this:

Nope. Not these Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas - although they were soooo yummy!
This:

A sweet glass of chilled Riesling. It immediately takes me back to a vacation Mr. G and I took to Santa Barbara several years ago. If I take a sip and close my eyes I can see myself sitting on the beach, reading a great book and soaking in the sun. Ahhhhhh.
This is the only Riesling available at Fresh & Easy. It was only $4.99 and surprisingly delicious. Very fruity and smooth.

Back to reality.
So far this week has been filled with friends and fun. We hit 83 degrees on Wednesday so I was able to fill up Little G's pool with a couple inches of water and let the kids (Little G and my niece and nephew) have a blast splashing around for an hour.
We got a visit on Tuesday from my best friend, Kim and her new baby boy, Christopher. He is such a sweetie! And on Wednesday night we had dinner at our friends Justin and Jenny's house. They made teriyaki hamburgers with grilled pineapple.

Mrs. G and Little G with Kim and Chris

Another treat was this Chocolate Pie from Marie Callender's which was given to Mr. G by a co-worker who recognized his hard work and wanted to show her appreciation. Thank you, Mrs. Shepherd!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you love Riesling! It is my favorite kind of wine and I love the price on that - $4.99 is great! I hope you know how much I love reading your blog... keeping posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet! I always think - no one will probably read this, but I'm going to keep writing anyway. Glad to know you are enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would like to follow my blog? You may like it! Here is the address: http://25thingstodobefore25.blogspot.com/

    Okay, shameless plug for my blog over...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I tried before but didn't see a follow button. I'll check again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got it! I remembered that I was trying to leave a comment and couldn't find a comment button. Following now!

    ReplyDelete