Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for cheap!

Little G loves scrambled eggs, which luckily for me, are very cheap. On my grocery trip this week I got a crate of 18 eggs for $1.89 at Fresh and Easy. Enough for scrambled eggs for Little G and egg salad sandwiches for Mr. G.
For a quick lunch I love Annie Chun's Udon soup (MSG free, of course). It is only 110 calories and delicious with just an added pinch of salt and pepper. It is very filling and only costs about $2.
For my small group I made these yummy and cheap treats on Tuesday night. I had a coupon for $1 off Rise Krispy Cereal which made the total for the plate of goodies less than $4.00.
On Wednesday night my good friend, Lauren, brought over enchiladas (they were SO good) and I made tostadas. I bought the ingredients last week for "G" Tacos but needed to pick up a head of lettuce. Tostadas are one of my favorite meals and they are very cost effective.

Little G had a bowl of scrumptious peas and a cheese quesadilla. I love that she enjoys veggies!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I look forward to following it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - lol!
    It never occurred to me that someone might not know what a tostada is! Basically it is burrito ingredients on a fried corn tortilla. On the tortilla I layer refried beans, lettuce, shredded cheese, olives, diced tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole & salsa. It's a mess to eat, but seriously good.

    Jennifer - Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete