Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gardner Grub

Tuesday's are super busy so I try to keep it easy. For dinner I made Four-Cheese Pasta Florentine. It is cheesy-spinach goodness. Actually I probably put too much spinach in it, but oh well - it was good. I make at least one vegetarian dish a week and those dinners usually have cheese in them. When there is plenty of cheese, I don't miss the meat. For this dish, if you need meat, add a cup of chopped chicken. Recipe listed below.


Little G had a little of the pasta when it was done around 4pm and then chicken nuggets and strawberries at 7pm. It took her awhile to try the strawberries but once she had one, they were gone in seconds.


The Brie & Cranberry purses were a hit. I sprinkled them with sugar when they came out of the oven and served them with Cool Whip on the side. I forgot to take a picture before my bible study group arrived so I grabbed one and set it aside. Doesn't it look delicious?


For dinner tonight I had Four-Cheese Pasta Florentine leftovers. Mr. G is teaching CPR/1st aide tonight then has to go straight to a sports banquet so instead of cooking I decided to try the leftovers and it was still good.
I made Little G a small bowl of noodles with peas and chopped chicken nugget (leftover from last night). I think she's getting annoyed with me taking pictures of her while she's eating. :)



















Four Cheese Pasta Florentine
3 cups Penne, uncooked
1 package (10oz) frozen chopped spinach
4 oz (1/2 8oz package) cream cheese, cubed
1 cup 2% low fat cottage cheese
2 eggs
1 package (8oz) shredded mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper

Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook spinach as directed on package; drain well. Place in large bowl. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in cottage cheese. Italian seasoning and eggs until well blended. Add salt and pepper.
Drain pasta. Add to spinach mixture with mozzarella and chicken; mix lightly. Spoon into medium sized casserole dish; top with Parmesan.
Bake 25 min, or until heated through.

2 comments:

  1. The brie and cranberry purses look great, are you willing to pass along the how to on that one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in the comment section of Well hello, Monday. After you fill the pastry gather all the sides and pinch them together - I also give it a little twist. :)
    Sprinkle with sugar when the come out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete