Thursday, August 11, 2011

{Kid}ding Around Friday *LINK PARTY* - Diaper Wreath





Welcome to Kidding Around Friday
hosted by
Growing Up Gardner & Love, Lattes & Lullabies

{Kid}ding Around Friday is the place to share your favorite kid-related posts about:
Crafts, Milestones, Homeschooling, Kid-Friendly Food, Decorating, Photography,
A Funny Story, Great Deals, Organization and more...

Growing Up Gardner

{To Join the Party}

1. Follow your hosts, Katie & Amanda
2. Link to a specific kid-related post.
Up to 3 entries each. No shops please.
3. Grab our adorable little button.
4. Enjoy reading through some of the other posts and make new friends
Each week we will feature 3 of our favorite posts from the previous week.
By submitting a link, you are granting Katie and I permission to use the photos from your post.

I hope you had a good time linking up last week. Katie and I sure had fun. Here are a few of our favorite links!


DIY Diaper Wreath
Our next door neighbors welcomed a baby girl on Friday so tonight I brought them dinner and a little gift. I made a diaper wreath, inspired by the Diaper Life Preserver my sister made for my Nautical Baby Shower. I used the color scheme from little Mayce's nursery (black, white & yellow).

Supplies:
Foam Ring
Size 1 Diapers
Flowers
Ribbon
Tape
Any other accessories that you want to add

Wrap the diapers around the foam ring and secure with ribbon.

When you get to a spot where you want to put flowers, lay them flat on the foam and tape the stems down. Then wrap the diaper over the stems.



Add some ribbon and a tag:



I decided to add these little red shoes from the present. I think they give the wreath some personality.


Happy Linking!

LInking up the Diaper Wreath at
Six Sister's Stuff
Craftomaniac
Lines Across My Face
Doodles & Doilies
Help a Momma Out
Whatever Goes Wednesday
36th Avenue

19 comments:

  1. Love the diaper wreath! What a creative idea. I'll be checking back here often to see what other fun stuff you come up with. :)

    Many blessings,
    Rosann
    http://www.christiansupermom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The diaper wreath is so cute! The red shoes are a great touch. Thanks for the feature :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!!

    I'm here from the Alexa Hop. I'm a new GFC follower, and I like you on FB!
    http://becauseitsfuntowin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI sweet "cyber" friend! THANK YOU SO MUCH for featuring me! Honestly, you made my whole day. The diaper wreath is the cutest thing I've ever seen, and I ADORE your blog. I'm your biggest fan, Mrs. G! Thanks again for the spotlight. (Oh! And for reading my blog too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving that wreath! What a great idea for a baby shower :)

    Coley @
    www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this!!! I wish thanks for your sweet coment on my blog :) I will have to try making avocados for my little one! I just linked up to your party.

    Karina
    karinaschallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great wreath. I love the colors.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this diaper wreath has to be one of the cutest baby shower gifts/decor I've ever seen! Love it and I am pinning it right now. I'm your newest follower!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable wreath! My friend was asking me to make one for her baby shower. I'll have to reference your tutorial! I'd love for you to come link up at my Tuesday Tutorials Link Party! :)

    http://www.thekurtzcorner.com/2011/08/tuesday-tutorials-link-party-no2.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!! I've never seen a diaper wreath before! THANKS for the inspiration!!

    We host a linky party called "Help a Momma Out" every Tuesday! This would be an awesome link up!! I would love for you to share it! Thanks so much for considering :)

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's too cute! visiting from Homemaking Monday Link up~!
    ~Lisa @ organizedchaos-lisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the diaper wreath! It is so pretty. I am planning a baby shower for my sister-in-law and love getting new ideas! I hope you will link this up to my Delights Me party at Doodles & Doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for kinling up with my hop again! I just love your blog so much, I just added your button to my sidebar!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I knew about this sooner! I just had 4 friends have babies and this would have been perfect for all of them.
    We would love to have you over at our first link party! *Crafty Lassie Tuesday*
    www.SewStylishBoutique.blogspot.com
    Thanks,
    Heather & Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for linking up at Delight ME (Doodles & Doilies). I love your diaper wreath. I hope you will continue to join us with all your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for linking up!
    We are going to keep this going every Tuesday...
    Everyone is welcome to join in on the fun, so invite your friends.
    :0) Heather & Rose
    www.sewstylishboutique.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. We LOVE your diaper wreath! Thanks for linking up to our party. We are featuring you this week, so come by and grab a button!

    Love,
    The Sisters @ www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This wreath is gorgeous! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute idea! I love the ruby red shoes but I'm wondering how you got them to stay on?

    ReplyDelete