Friday, December 30, 2011

Camera Lens "Elmo"

Now that Noelle is a super cool three and a half year old, she only wants to take pictures when she's in the mood for it. I saw a project with a great way to get kids to look at the camera floating around on Pinterest and I knew it would be an easy craft to do in a few minutes with supplies I already had on hand - besides the scrunchie.



Supplies:
Red Scrunchie
Hot glue gun
2 Black buttons
Stiffened felt sheets - one each of orange and white
Cut out an oval from the orange felt and two circles from the white felt. First hot glue the white circles to the scrunchie, then the orange nose in the center. Next, hot glue the buttons in the center of the eyes.



-Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing, I bet you can get some great smiles with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually gave it to my brother-in-law but I'm going to make another one soon. Maybe a Mickey Mouse one next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the great idea! I just made this, and my daughter does think it looks just like Elmo. I'm hoping it helps her look at the camera for family photos.

    ReplyDelete