Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Noelle's "Snow White" woodland themed party

Heigh-ho, Heigh ho. It's off to FOUR she goes!


Noelle has had the theme for her fourth birthday planned since she was 2. She insisted on an Ariel party for her third birthday and has been waiting for a Snow White party for a couple of years. All of the Snow White books I read to Noelle (every night) has the woods and animals involved so I decided to use that as inspiration with a yellow, blue and gingham color scheme. 


We took Noelle to Disneyland for her birthday last month so this party was very low-key and inexpensive. We planned it for 6:30pm and served dessert - brownies, cookies, cupcakes, caramel apples with toppings, blueberries and cake.


The bottom crate has a small bowl inside filled with dry ice and hot water. It gave off a spooky effect for the "Poisoned Apples" display.


I always get asked where I get ideas for parties - the answer - I use whatever is cheap and available and make it work. Fabric is inexpensive and makes a huge impact. 


The refinished desk from Noelle's room was used to serve the beverages on. Of course there had to be a mirror involved in the party. 



Drinks included Dew Drops, Magic Potion (lemonade) and Poison Antidote (raspberry sherbet).

 

You may have spied something else on the table. I wrote Noelle her very own Snow White tale as a birthday gift. She loves it and has already memorized every line. I wrote Noah his own children's book for his Red Wagon Party.


The tables were decorated with a simple mason jar filled with sunflowers. The gingham print from the dessert table was carried over to the table cloths and jars.


Three signs led guests to the front door.


I displayed all four of Noelle's party invitations in front of the gazebo. I teared up when I was digging them out of the photo box. My baby is so beautiful and has grown up to be an incredible little girl.


For the kids I set out crayons, stickers and gems for them to decorate either a crown or a sword. There were also wands for the little girls to take home because I wasn't sure how the paper crowns would hold up.


The kids played "Wishing Well." They were each given 4 gold coins and had a chance to toss the coins into the well. Then they were rewarded with a sucker. I'm telling you, I sugared these kids up like no other!

Noelle's nana made another fantastic cake! She stacked three layers of cake to create it.


My sweet girl is growing up! I'm so proud of her and incredibly thankful to have been chosen to be her mommy. Daddy and I love you SO much, sweet Noelle!

-Amanda

8 comments:

  1. What a great party! I would love to hear how much the party cost and your secrets for saving money on parties. I am always looking for ways to cut corners on hosting parties now and for my daughter in the future. Thanks for sharing your great ideas! - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are so lovely! And that a the cutest princess I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! From the looks of it - it's a little girls dream birthday party! I love how you labeled everything too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic party! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your lovely ideas. I was wondering where did you find the sword's for the kids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swords were in the dollar section at Target last June.

      Delete
  6. VERY CREATIVE !!! I LOVE IT !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to hear how your book reads.

    ReplyDelete