Thursday, May 19, 2011

Silhouette Portrait - Master Bedroom Decor DIY Part 2

One piece that I had to have for our Master Bedroom gallery wall is a silhouette picture of Noelle. But how on earth do you trace the profile of a wiggly 2-year old? Well, I figured it out. The trick is not to trace, but to photograph.

First, I took a profile picture of Noelle and printed it out.


Then I cut out the photo and traced it on to black construction paper (and made her pony tail a little more interesting).


The last step was to frame it! I put decorative scrapbook paper in the background.




This frame was previously a nasty brown color but I liked the detail so I looked through my many sample paints and picked out a light blue.



 I can't wait to hang it!

Update!
It is now hanging up in the Master Bedroom Gallery Wall.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! What a great idea to cut out the photo to trace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son's kindergarten teacher made me a big silhouette of him for Christmas one year. It's one of my all-time favorite pictures of my son! I'll have to try this sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you did it! I did ones of my husband and I for part of my mum's 50th birthday present !

    ReplyDelete