Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gallery Wall - Master Bedroom DIY Part 4

The Master Bedroom is coming together, folks!


And I am loving it! Last week I hung the gallery wall. Originally I had a mix of frames that I thought would have a fun eclectic look but instead it just looked messy. So I grabbed a can of trusty white gloss spray paint and gave all of the frames a makeover (besides the shutter frame - it was already white).

A few of the frames before paint:



The wall before:

I first laid all of the frames out on our bed and arranged them until I found the perfect placement, then I took a picture of them and started hanging.

Wall after - we have really high ceilings.








What I Love Most About My Home Is Who I Share It With
free printable from Eighteen25


This is one of my favorite pictures of my hubby. I took it back in 2001, three years before we started dating :)


See more of the Master Bedroom DIY projects:

13 comments:

  1. Love this! We have a collection of mis matched frames that I thought would look "creative" together, but really they just look messy. Glad to see I'm not the only one - and I LOVE your solution. The wall looks great! Loving the homemade art. Adds flair, personality and it's one-of-a-kind :) Keep it up! You're inspiring my apartment make over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Elizabeth! I want to see pics of your apartment makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love family pictures on the walls of my house as well. I haven't done the frame part, I normally just get the huge pack of frames on Black Friday and use those. Here a link to the photos that I have through my main floor.
    http://thetalesofasahm.blogspot.com/2011/06/day-4-of-31-day-to-clean.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I especially love that letter G. I am heading to that free printable next. Thanks for sharing.

    I am visiting from the Wandering Wednesday blog hop. It is nice to "meet" you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

    Blessings,
    LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wall looks great! I love that the frames are different but all white. I'm a new follower from Wandering Wednesday. http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I LOVE your wall! How fun! I'm a new follower! I found you through Paisley Passions blog hop! I would love it if you followed me back! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh... i love it!! thank you so much for sharing with us... it's so exciting to see our print included on your gallery wall!!
    take care,
    jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shutter frame! I've never seen anything like that before. You are a fantastic photographer by the way; your pics are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stopped by to check out your blog after you followed me - and I'm so glad I did! I can't wait to explore around some more, but first I wanted to tell you that 1) I love your wall color, and 2) your gallery wall is great! Are you planning and adding to it?

    Thanks for following me - I'm following you back!

    Kristen
    Turning a House into a Home

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your wall...Where did you find your G? :)I was also thinking of paining some of the frames on my gallery wall white...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Aubrey. And everyone for the sweet comments.
    Found the "G" at Hobby Lobby. :)

    Kristen - I think I'll probably add to it in the future but right now I like the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your project turned out beautifully! i hope you don't mind--i used one of your images on my blog, and made sure to link back to it. i'm a new blogger and am LOVING all of this inspiration! god bless!

    ReplyDelete