Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Homeschool - Week 3 & 4

Noelle is rocking preschool. Four letters down, four Bible verses, and four super fun weeks. During week three Noelle learned letter U (for umbrella) and we started working more on numbers and math. Week four was letter I (for inchworm) and I started a new approach to our daily lesson plan which is working out well for us. 

Pledge of Allegiance 
Calendar 
How to teach your child the days of the week in a day:
Bible verse
Review of previous letters and sounds
Review letter of the week, sound
Sort big letter and little letter
Review numbers, colors, shapes
Graphing
Play a couple of number games
Complete a few pages in the workbook
Sort biggest to smallest
Return to the letter of the week with tracing
Read a book (or two or three)

It usually takes about an hour and a half each morning. Some days more when baby brother wakes up early from his nap. After Noelle's nap she usually asks to "go to school" so I started assigning her homework! Well, more like "homework." I put out a few pattern tracing pages for her and let her work on them while I make dinner. She loves it. 

Here's some photos of her learning:

Counting and finding the number

Matching the picture

Biggest to smallest

Finishing patterns

Workbook

Graphing

Tracing

Letter I Bible verse:
Jesus says, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6


Do you homeschool your little one(s). I'd love to hear about it!

See more homeschooling HERE

Curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler

5 comments:

  1. I think it is so great that you are working with her at home, and that she is enjoying it! When my little one is a bit older, we will be doing this too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    Great ideas for home schooling!
    I'm a new follower! I found your link on Paisley Passions Wandering Wednesday Blog Hop.
    Hope you stop by for a visit!
    Brenda
    http://www.piggygiggles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really cool! Just curious, what made you decide to do it yourself? I may need/want to do that with my little one(s) in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I guess I decided to go ahead and start a "curriculum" because I have so much fun teaching her and I wanted to have a more structured program. She was definitely ready and capable. I'll probably send her to preschool a couple days a week when she is 4. She just turned 3 last month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Interesting, Love it! Nice site, I will be sure to come back to visit! Check my Blog Hop on www.reasonablyless.com we would love for you to link up!

    Rachel
    www.reasonablyless.com
    “Mommy freebies, coupons and Advice on using coupons”

    ReplyDelete