Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011!

I'm not a big New Year person. I don't go crazy celebrating at midnight and make a list of resolutions. I don't see the year changing as a new start, a clean slate. January 1st on the calendar doesn't make me want to be a better person or loose a few pounds. I work on those every day. With that said, I do love to reflect on the year and be reminded of how faithful God is. How loving, merciful and GREAT He is to me and to my family.

In 2010:

The sweet baby who made me a momma turned into a little girl. She's beautiful and brilliant and every day I look at her with amazement. How could she be mine? She's too good to be true in so many ways.

In May we found out that I was pregnant and in September learned that we are having a son. Another blessing. Another miracle.

Sometime during the year I found my inner DIYer. I started seeing potential in objects I would typically overlook and started a love affair with spray paint.

I started couponing - and LOVE IT!

My sister blessed me and my family with extra income by giving me the opportunity to watch my niece and nephew a few times a week. It's also great for Little G to get to play with her cousins during the week.

Mr. G was able to keep his teaching position as several others were let go. What a blessing.

We took several trips to the beach and a big vacation to San Diego. And although three years ago that would have said "a trip to Hawaii" - I'm content in not spending hundreds of dollars on a few days away. I'd rather spend $20 on a picnic in the park. It's not where I am, it's who I'm with.

Side note: Right now it's 11:11 a.m. on 1-1-11.

I noticed throughout 2010 that I've become a much more patient person. Not patient....just more patient than I previously was.

I was in a wedding, threw a baby shower, and played Barbie in our church's VBA.

For 2010 I'm thankful for an ever-loving God, an amazing husband who works hard so I can stay home, for my daughter, my parents and all of their help, a home and warm bed to sleep in, for good health, and for all of my family and my friends who make events and holidays memorable.

I'm looking forward to what 2011 will bring. Mostly I'm looking forward to bringing home our baby boy and holding him and my little girl in my arms.


....and for sushi and a glass of Riesling :)

2 comments:

  1. "I'm content in not spending hundreds of dollars on a few days away. I'd rather spend $20 on a picnic in the park. It's not where I am, it's who I'm with."

    ~ By far the best comment! Sometimes we need just a little reminder of that. Happy 2011 Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Kel. I hope it brings you all of your hearts desires :)

    ReplyDelete