Thursday, October 27, 2011

Gardner Grub - 3 Ingredient Fall Favorite

This seriously simple dish is a family favorite during the colder months. It's a twist on Pork Chops and Apple Sauce, which is one of my most craved meals. Something about sweet and savory makes my taste buds happy.

Like I said, this dish only takes 3 ingredients (I don't count EVOO, salt & pepper) and can be whipped up in no time.

1 can of Apple Pie Filling
4 Pork Loin Chops
Stuffing Mix (this time I used Fresh & Easy's Cranberry stuffing but I usually use Stove Top Traditional Sage - it doesn't contain MSG).

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat the bottom of a skillet with EVOO on medium-high heat. Season the chops with salt and pepper and sear on both sides (time depends on the thickness of the pork chops). Make the stuffing according to the package.

Spray a 9x9 baking pan with non-stick spray and pour in the apple filling. Top with pork chops, then with stuffing.

Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until the chops are completely cooked through.

Serve with a salad - this one is my favorite.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! That sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing this. I do love simple recipes!

    ReplyDelete