Saturday, April 16, 2011

Master Remodel Day 1


One day down - hopefully only a few more to go! Mr. G is on Spring Break so we are working hard at *finally* decorating our bedroom. The walls in the room are stark white with white chair railing (as shown above).

On the agenda: (updated list)
Take down the chair railing -- oops, shouldn't have done that.
Paint the walls
Cut and Paint the board and batten
Install the b&b
Paint another coat of semi-gloss to the installed b&b
New bedding and decor for bedroom
Update bathroom

It took several attempts to find the perfect color but the 20 bucks I spent on sample tubs was well worth it. At first I was going for a pale blue with gray tones, then I decided to go pure gray, and just before I lost all hope in finding a color I loved, I found Gray Cashmere by Benjamin Moore.
I am absolutely loving the way it is turning out. It is a blend of gray, blue and green - which works with the Beach Cottage-inspired room I'm going for.

I have to say I am apprehensive about putting up the board and batten. I know it will look great in the end, but getting there is most likely going to be a challenge. We are going to have to take down the base boards and either cut them or get new ones because they tapper on the top and we need a flat surface for the board and batten to sit flush on.

Today we ripped the chair railing on two walls and it almost sent me into cardiac arrest. Demolishing perfectly good chair railing -- am I crazy?? Why do I get these ideas? Sometimes I wish I was content with white walls and matching bedroom sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment