Thursday, July 26, 2012

Target 70% Toy Clearance July 2012

The pickens were slim for the annual summer toy clearance at Target. I didn't bring home a haul anything close to last year, but I was still able to find a few things on my list for Christmas.

My favorite item is the vtech talking puzzle marked down from $17.99 to $5.21. I also picked up a vtech ABC Text & Go game system for $4.18, two Belle Squinkies bracelet sets for $1.48, and a $44.38 Mega Bloks play table for $13.31. I noticed many Little People sets, My Little Pony, Barbie's and large play sets marked down to 70% off throughout the aisles.

On facebook this morning I read through several posts from Target shoppers who were waiting around for the mark downs to happen - you don't need to do that. I cruise the aisles for items I want and pile them in my cart. If they haven't been marked down, I take them to a scanning machine. Let's say I have a Princess doll marked as 30% off but it scans 70% off, I can then wait and ask an employee for a red tag sticker, or I can just take it to the register where it will ring up 70% off. If the item doesn't scan any lower, then you'll need to ask an employee to check it for you.

Hope you find some good deals today!

More Toy Clearance posts HERE.

-Amanda

7 comments:

  1. Amazingly awesome! Your post inspired me to call my Target and they told me this sale is an urban legend?! WTH. So apparentally my area doesn't so this. I was pretty bummed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go in. Many times the employees have no idea what's going on in the store. Example - the cashier's had NO CLUE there was any kind of toy mark down today. They were very impressed with what I bought.

      Delete
  2. When I scanned items early this morning, they all still rang at 50% off and I had to wait for an employee to "activate" the 70% price and then put a sticker on it. Once the item is activated, duplicates of that same item will then ring up at 70% off. I was lucky that the gal changing the prices was very kind and patient and worked with me to get a lot of the toys I had reduced earlier than planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clearance workers at my store are always very friendly and helpful also. They usually offer to scan things for me before I ask.

      Delete
  3. How do you know when the clearance sales start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toy clearance sale happens twice a year - in January and July. Almost always during the same week those months. My store marks toys down on Thursdays some others mark down on Wednesdays. If you are wandering around Target and you find someone marking down items, you can ask specifically what sections of the store gets marked down each day.

      Delete
  4. Thankѕ , I hаve recently bеen lοoking fοr info about this subject foг а long timе
    and уours is the best I've came upon so far. But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you certain in regards to the supply?
    my web site > toy story games for kids

    ReplyDelete