Saturday, August 13, 2011

Noah's Birth - In pictures

Earlier this week I opened iPhoto and all of my pictures from the last 8 months were gone. I cried. Every picture of Noah's life was erased but I was mostly devastated with the thought of loosing his birth pictures.

The next day I went to see a Genius about an Apple. His name is Luke and he is an angel. Luke was able to recover all of my pictures up until March, which was the last time I backed up my time machine. Everything after March has disappeared - Noah's first trip to San Diego. Easter. Mother's Day. Father's Day. Noelle's 3rd birthday. Fourth of July. :sigh:

But, happily, Noah's birth pictures are back and I'd like to share them with you in honor of his upcoming 6 month birthday (on Monday). You can read his birth story HERE. This is a short cut version.

 My water broke at 5am, February 15th. The day after his Valentine's Day due date.
Mr. G and I moseyed over to the hospital around 10:30 am.

Noah sounded great on the monitors (even though the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck twice).

Noelle wasn't too sure about the hospital room.

Especially the beeping monitors.
I can't believe how small she looks here. 

 Noelle was able to hang out with us for most of the day. I tried my best to hide the pain of the contractions, but as it looks, I didn't do that great.

I finally got an epidural at 3:00 pm and Noah was born at 5:13 pm.
Our first picture together.

So in love.

Noah weighing in at 7lbs, 8 oz. 

Noelle meeting her little brother. 

She was curious about his "bracelet."

Proud daddy.

Noah brought Noelle a baby brother doll, a princess dress and wand. 

My boys.

My mom and dad - Mona and John (Noah John's namesake)
Two of the happiest people on earth.


Three Generations of Gardner boys.

Noah

First bath sometime that night/early morning. From what Mr. G told me he didn't enjoy it too much.
The only bath Noah hasn't liked.

The next morning.

I have so many mixed emotions when looking back at these precious moments. At first I think there is no way it could have only been 6 months ago. Both of the kids look so small. Could they have really grown that much in such a short amount of time?
Then I stare at and soak in the pictures of Noah's fresh face and I cry because I can't remember how small he felt in my arms or what he smelled like or sounded like. And suddenly it seems like so long ago.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of your family welcoming it's newest member into the world. Hope it is all going well.
    Thanks for letting me find you through the WIld Card Weekend. Looking forward to you checking out my site as well and hope you'll follow back.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious, I am your newest GFC follower from Wild Card Weekend hop and hope you will drop by and check out my blog at kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Apple Gods!! And man did you look awesome in the hospital :)Hey there following you this fine Saturday am :-) Hope you can stop by my place and return the favor soon. http://www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I am currently (seriously, as I type this) bulk loading all my pictures from iPhoto into Photobucket. I'm freaked about losing them all. Mainly because I have 9,456 pictures on there documenting my kids' lives and I don't want to lose them. I started getting the "Your startup disk is almost full" warning and figured I'd better get to it.

    You look amazing in that second picture of you and Noah together. WOW. Glad you got the birth pictures + some back.

    Dropping off some love from the Wild Weekend Hop. <3 Already a follower.

    Mandi
    Smile and Mama With Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow . . . I don't know what I would do if I lost all my pics! I am glad that you got them back! And you look so amazing for just giving birth! You have great hair!! :) Found you on the Blog Hop and I am your newest follower! I would love to have you stop by and visit our blog if you want to! We also have a link party going on this weekend if you want to come link up your blog!
    Have a great weekend!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww hun this is so cute that you for sharing these :) so nice. And thanks for the nice comment over at mom2nan3dog1 I am glad to be back :) this is so adorable! Sorry I know I already basically said that lol...
    But thank you for sharing this cute story! Time does go so fast. But there are beautiful things waiting for him and your daughter and of course you and daddy!
    Oh and I love the fact yoru daughter gave him a baby brother doll as well as a princess and wand lol... Your right Alora and her would get along great heehee

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I have baby fever! I want another one....
    Thank you for sharing these gorgeous pics!
    Stopping by from the Silly Sunday Hop! Hope you will check out my blog http://www.mariashandmadelove.com/
    Have a great weekend!
    MariaS Handmade-Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh that is soo cute!

    Hope you and your little baby boy are doing allright!

    Leontien
    www.fourleafcloverdairy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. He was a beautiful newborn. Here for Alexa blog hop helping your score go down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I am now reading your feed please read mine.
    Thanks you amee at www.madamedeals.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you look like a model. You shoulda seen me after I gave birth! I was scary. LOL. Thanks for joining in my Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your newborn is beautiful and you look great after giving birth. Showing some live for Flip Flop Alexa Hop :)

    ReplyDelete