Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Birthday, Noah

Sweet Noah,

You're two years old today. There's almost nothing in the world you love more than things with wheels. Cars, trains and planes. The only movie you've ever sat through is Cars and you would watch every day if you could. Lightning McQueen (or Queen, as you call him) is your favorite. Grandpa is probably on the top of your favorite list as well. If the doorbell rings, you yell "Grandpa!" and ask to see him any time we get in the car.

One of the best parts of my day is going to your room in the morning. I lift you out of bed, carry you to change your diaper and clothes, then let you loose. You always run as fast as you can the second your feet hit the ground. "Off he goes," I whisper.

Photobucket

You are talking more and more each day and I can't get enough of your sweet voice. You love letting me know what you want to eat and drink, what you hear, what you see.

Photobucket


You ask, "please?" when you need help and I love when you put your finger on your ear and say "choo train!" when you hear one passing through town.

Photobucket

Recently, you started asking me to watch you play. "Watch!" and I turn to see you standing on the couch ready to leap or holding an airplane as high as you can before letting it sail to the ground. But I'm watching so much more than that. I watch your eyebrows expressively lift and fall when you're playing and coloring.

Photobucket

I watch how your little fingers grip as many cars as they can hold. I watch how you copy everything your sister does and says. I watch your face when you're smiling for a flash of your adorable dimple. I watch you rub the silky edges of your blanket when you're tired, and because I'm your mama, I watch you sleep.

Photobucket

The past year has been the most precious I've ever had. You complete our family and I couldn't imagine a day without you. At night when we're having some quiet time reading books, I tell you that if I could pick any little boy on the earth to be my son, I'd pick you every time.

Photobucket

Happy Birthday, baby boy.
I love you,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet Amanda! Happy 2nd Brithday Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful letter - something for him to read in the future :)

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete