Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lesson Learned

Last night I was hit with, "Oh my goodness, I'm going to have another baby ANY DAY!" After a minor freak out, I looked at Noelle and was overwhelmed with guilt. I've been so distracted with preparing for baby brother that I haven't spent quality alone time with her in a while.

So I made the decision to be entirely present for her today. No cleaning or organizing, no computer or phone calls. Whatever she wanted to do, we did. As usual the day started with, "Mommy, you want to play in my playroom?" We played, danced, learned and laughed.


Then while I attempted to quickly make myself semi-presentable to the world in my bathroom she asked me to paint our toes. I pulled out the nail polish box and let her pick the color...

Electric Blue!
Should be a great conversation starter in the delivery room. :)

After taking pictures of our toes she asked me to take a few pictures of her "happy faces." We practice happy face, sad face, mean face, surprised face, etc in the mirror while I do her hair. It's a great distraction when I want to put in pig tails.




Then we took a walk to the park and had a picnic. It was the most beautiful sunny day.


Me and my princess.



"What would you like to do after lunch?"
"See the puppies!"
So off to the pet store we went. We saw puppies, bunnies, turtles, fish, reptiles, birds, guinea pigs and hamsters. More fun than the zoo!


Then it was nap time. I'm exhausted but it was an amazing day. She is the sweetest little girl.

Lesson learned - Spend more time holding her hand and less time holding my phone.


Alternative Name

3 comments:

  1. Your daughter is precious! Love the shadow princess picture. Adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog :) It's great! My husband and I just found out our first baby is going to be a girl. This post made me really excited about all the things I will get to do with her someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your baby girl! You two are going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete