Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Noah is ONE!

Happy Birthday Noah!

Just one short year ago, at 5:13pm, I held you for the first time. 


And now you are one year old!


Here's what Noah has been up to lately:

Noah can stand unassisted and even pick things up while standing. He has taken several steps on his own (I think the record is 6) walking from couch to ottoman, back to the couch. I can't wait for him to be a full-time walker - he is getting SO heavy. It was a breeze when he was an infant to brush my teeth, cook, clean and play with Noelle one-handed, but now it kills my back to hold 20+ pounds while doing all of that.
Here's a peek of his walking skills:




My little man still nurses 4 times a day (when he wakes up, before his 2 naps, and before bed time). I'm not sure how long I'm going to continue nursing him. Ideally I'd like to continue until he is around 18 months, but now that we've made it to a year I won't be too disappointed if he weans himself earlier.

Noah finally learned how to drink from a sippy cup! Actually he figured out how to drink from a bottle first so for a week last month I was giving him a 3 oz bottle of milk twice a day and when I offered a sippy cup, he took it without hesitation. And eating is going perfectly. He tries everything we put in front of him and usually finishes it all - if not he throws it overboard for Brinkley (the dog).


Noah has a silly and loving personality. Here's a recent video of my giggly boy.


Noah's 1st Birthday Party is this weekend! I'm excited to celebrate his life with family and friends. Pictures to come!

-Amanda

8 comments:

  1. Awww...Happy Birthday Noah! He is just adorable and his eyes are so incredibly (and beautifully) blue! Have a wonderful time celebrating at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe he's one! (or how great you looked after labor!) Those pictures are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable little man!
    http://schermanfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. O my goodness! He is so adorable! I like how you put all things about him right now on his picture. What a great way to remember all those things!

    Brie @ BreezyPinkDaisies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy Birthday to Noah!!! Enjoy today and this weekend with that handsome little man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! Your little man is adorable! I love the picture of him with all the words on it documenting his favorites. I did that for my daughters, and I think it is a great keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cutie! My youngest is about that same age! Found your blog on a blog hop site today. Following you; check out cheeriosandlattes.com sometime when you get a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete