Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

This is the first time I have been aware of Leap Day. Obviously I know about Leap Year but I have never really given the day much thought. Well, today was Noelle and Noah's very first February 29th so we made a play date with my best friend, Kim, and her little guy, Christopher.

We met at a park in Kim's town and let the kids play, eat cupcakes, and make new friends.


I love every second I get to spend with Chris. His mom and I have been best friends since the 4th grade. I always knew she would be an amazing mom but watching her now with her son is delightful. She has more patience in her pinkie than I do even on my best days. 

I remember when Kim and I spent recess playing tether ball and 4-square on the blacktop at our middle school. Now we get together and watch our kids swing, kick balls, and run around the playground. She is due with her second in 5 short weeks. I can't wait to meet him or her! 


We laughed at this sign on the park. Why can Canadian kids play younger? Are they smarter? lol.


After about an hour of fun, we were chased back to our cars when rain clouds rolled in. The sprinkles soon turned into a full on downpour and later cleared to reveal some pretty sweet rainbows.


Unfortunately the busy afternoon and the sound of the rain put Noelle and Noah to sleep in the car almost instantly so they missed the colorful arches in the sky.
Noah is no longer watching the world fly by while sitting backward in the car. He loves his new car seat. Loved it from the minute he sat down and was able to keep his eyes on me. He talks and talks and laughs with his sister when she makes funny faces at him. Exactly how I imagined they would do when he was flipping around in my belly. I feel immensely blessed when I glance in the rear view mirror and see those sweet faces.


It was a good day. "A very busy day" as Noelle and I say every night after reading The Very Busy Spider. The spider works hard all day spinning a web and finally finishes at the end of the day and catches a fly. The book concludes with the spider sleeping because it had a very busy day. Noelle always says, "Goodnight, mom. It was a very busy day." 


A fun, memorable, and very busy day.

Happy Leap Day,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment