Thursday, September 15, 2011

Gardner Grub - Polenta with Green Chiles and Corn

This Polenta dish does not disappoint. Serve it as the main dish for brunch or as a side with dinner. I've made it several times for company and my guests loved every bite. And I love making a dish for friends that they've never tried. For some reason most people I've served this to have never had polenta (or at least think they haven't). So give it a go, friends!

Sorry for the wonky picture. I forgot to take a shot of it out of the oven.

{Polenta with Green Chiles and Corn}

2 cups milk
1 cup water
3/4 cup polenta (cornmeal works just fine)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated parmesan
7 oz can of whole green chiles (slice length wise or coarsely chop)
1 1/2 cup corn
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (I usually use a blend)
1/2 cup whipping cream

Toppings:
sour cream
guacamole
salsa
cilantro

Make it
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and butter a 8x8x2 inch baking dish. Double the recipe for a 9x13. Don't use a tin foil pan, it doesn't work.

Mix milk, water, polenta (cornmeal), garlic and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue until the polenta thickens. Add pepper and salt to taste. Stir in Parmesan Cheese.

Pour half of the polenta into the prepared dish. Cover with chiles, corn, and 1 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of cream.

Spoon remaining polenta over and top with 1 cup of cheese. Pour the other 1/4 cup of cream over top.

Bake until polenta puffs and cheese browns, about 25 minutes.

Serve with Sour Cream, Guacamole, Cilantro, and Salsa on the side. This is a must!

Bon Appetito!


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! If you feel like making extra and sending it my way, I would be utterly thrilled!

    wm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Polenta, but this looks soooo yummy! I'll have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful thanks for posting it. I am a new follower from the So Followed Saturday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is so nice to meet you! I am your newest follower...and happy to say so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! I am a new follower from the So Followed Saturday blog hop. Your site is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I love trying new things. What a great Polenta dish. I am now following your blog, hope you will follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, please! :) I would love it if you shared it on Makin' You Crave Monday over at my blog, MrsHappyHomemaker.com!!

    ReplyDelete