Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Gardner Grub - Chicken Nuggets



This week's Gardner Grub comes from My Name Is Snickerdoodle. Back in March, Amy posted a recipe for Sweet Chicky Nuggets - that happen to taste almost exactly like Chick-fil-A nuggets. I made my first batch last month and have been addicted ever since.

A few comments on the recipe post suggest marinating the chicken in pickle juice for a couple of hours before the milk marinade. I tried it and thought I'd love it, but it turns out my taste buds did not enjoy the dill-flavored chicken. You can give it a try and see what you think. One thing that I don't skimp on is using peanut oil to fry the nuggets. Vegetable or canola oil will not give you the same delicious flavor that peanut oil does. And I always drizzle honey over my nuggets before serving.
And sometimes I use 3 Tbsp of powdered sugar :)

Head over to My Name Is Snickerdoodle for the recipe and tell Amy that Growing up Gardner sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment