Thursday, June 30, 2011

Gardner Grub - Santa Fe Chicken Casserole


Casserole's are not typically a summer dish but it was a gorgeous 70 degrees yesterday. The windows were open and a cool breeze swept though the house all day. Loved it.

It has been a busy week (more on that later) so I looked for a dinner that I had all of the ingredients for and could whip up in a few minutes. The only Philadelphia Cooking Creme flavor I haven't tried is Santa Fe so I bought it last week with the intention to use it in fajitas but I went this route instead, and I'm glad I did.

To me this casserole tastes like eating a yummy, slightly spicy, burrito with a fork. Next time I will add sliced black olives to the mixture and sprinkle some on the top.

Here's the recipe (click to enlarge and print):
Recipe Source - Kraft Foods

Kid Friendly:
Noelle ate it as is - she enjoys spicy foods. If I knew she wouldn't like it I would have reserved some chopped chicken and made her a chicken quesadilla.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I was thinking, "If I pick up the Philly Cooking Cream on my way home from work I can make this tonight!" because I have all the other ingredients.

    THen I realized it's 90+ degrees and we don't have AC in the kitchen.

    So, I'll save this for nicer weather!

    (Found you via the TAT blog hop!)

    ReplyDelete